Job Role : Internal Accounts / Admin ( Practice)
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Guildford
Salary : £20,000 to £25,000
Reference : P 11100
Our client is a dynamic and progressive firm of chartered accountants and registered auditors, based near Guildford. They are currently looking for an Internal Accounts Administrator.
Their continued success is based on developing long term working relationships with clients.
They provide a full range of services, including accountancy, audit, business planning, company secretarial, corporate tax, personal tax, outsourcing solutions, specialist tax and corporate finance.
Due to continued growth and expansion of the business, a brand new role has become available. Supporting the Billing & Credit Control functions of the company, this is a superb opportunity to join an established, professional Practice with an excellent reputation.
You will be clear, both in written and verbal communication. Able to establish and maintain effective business relationships with both clients and internal staff across the company. The role will require the right candidate to calmly, professionally and successfully resolve any challenging issues that arise in completing the function of this role.
The duties of the Financial Controller are outlined below will be very familiar to you. You will be able to demonstrate these as duties and responsibilities you have worked with and had exposure to in previous roles. You will be expected to make a significant number of decisions and recommendations. You will refer to the Partners & Practice Manager wherever necessary to ensure the company’s business interest is maintained at all times. The successful applicant will have proven skills in the following areas:
- Time management - encourage staff to keep their timesheets accurate and up to date. Monitor chargeable / non-chargeable time against agreed targets. Maintain the IRIS Time & Fees module.
- WIP control - identify and deal with unbilled WIP highlighting when WIP is getting too high and needs addressing. Writes off and addressing problem cases
- Bill approval and preparation - from agreed billing triggers analyse billing decisions and make recommendations to partners as to what should be billed. In conjunction with the admin team, prepare bills and communicate to clients.
- Fee proposals, budgets and menu pricing
- Budget review - analysis of recoverability, reviewing completed job to assess the likely level of future fees and communicating this to clients.
- Bank review and Sage input - input all billing data into Sage and update funds received from bank statement.
- Credit control - review Sage ledger and chase clients for funds on a regular basis escalating potential issues to partners in a timely manner.
- Dealing with clients invoicing queries and chasing for unpaid bills. Getting sufficient access to the partners to discuss billing and credit control. Debt collections
- Practice reporting - monthly analysis and reporting of key performance indicators and communication to partners and staff. Staff performance analytics
Your skill base will include complete competency in all Microsoft Applications (Word, Outlook & Advanced Excel) Sage, extensive database, Iris or any practice based applications would be very useful. Numerate and analytical, you will be an organised detail focused and motivated individual who can work well in a stand-alone role.
You will need to have a full, clean driving licence and car. Free parking is available on site. Ideally you would live within 15 miles of Guildford, Surrey.
This is a professional yet relaxed culture.
The salary is based on 5 days per week.
IF YOU HAVE THE SKILLS AND ABILITIES TO MEET THIS ROLE PLEASE APPLY NOW
Required skills & expertise:
Billing Credit Control Financial Reporting & Analysis Fee Proposals & Budget Control Time Management & WIP