Job Role : Finance / Outsourcing Solutions Assistant
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Farnham
Salary : £18,000 to £21,000
Reference : P 11098
This successful and growing company is a progressive firm of Chartered Accountants. Due to the continued success and growth of the firm, they are looking to recruit an entry level bookkeeper to join the Farnham office.
Working as part of a small team, you will undertake bookkeeping and VAT returns for a variety of clients. You will also be involved in the preparation of management accounts for certain clients.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Undertake bookkeeping and the preparation of VAT returns using Sage or other appropriate accounting software, including Cloud based solutions.
- Adhere to common systems for record keeping.
- To carry out any other duties assigned by the partners / outsourcing solution manager as may reasonably be required.
- Although the majority of work will be office based, there is a possibility that some work will be undertaken on client sites.
- Deal with visitors face to face. Provide refreshments
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
It is essential that the person we employ is able to work independently with little assistance. You will be confident dealing with clients and able to answer questions as necessary. However, you will also know when it is necessary to pass questions back to the Outsourcing Solutions manager or partner.
Ideally, you will have had previous bookkeeping experience although this is not essential as on the job training will be provided. Knowledge of Sage Line 50 and IRIS software would be helpful but not essential.
Our clients are our greatest resource, with over 95% of new business being generated from their recommendations. As such it is crucial that the person we employ has good communication skills and will provide a friendly and professional service to clients.
Due to the location of the office you will need to be a car driver and hold a full, clean driving licence. Free parking is available on site.
Salary will be based on 37.5 hours / 5 days per week.
There is a basic 20 working days holiday per annum in addition to the usual public holidays. Holiday entitlement is increased by 1 day per year for each year worked at the firm, up to a maximum of 25 days holiday per annum.