Job Role : Accounts Assistant
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Cobham, Surrey
Salary : £20,000 to £23,000 Incl Pension & PHC
Reference : P 11055
A fantastic opportunity to join a professional corporate company in an essential central accounts role.
Ideal Candidates should really have several years experience in industry and will be least part Qualified (ACCA or ATA).
An engineering or oil and gas background would be ideal industry.
The Accounts Assistant provides assistance to the Financial Controller on any aspect of Finance function. The key activities will be processing transactions on Sage Line50 accounting records, internal database and related financial analysis. Accounts payable to a highly detailed level is a key responsibility of this role. Attention to details and a focused attitude is therefore essential to completing the tasks successfully. Multiple consultants working on projects along with multi currency.
- Key Responsibilities
- Posting overhead suppliers invoices to Sage
- Posting employees expenses to Sage
- Posting payroll journals and other monthly standard journals
- Reconciliation of base data for VAT returns
- Maintenance of control accounts for consultants’ deductions
- Preparation of base data for overseas countries’ tax returns (Norway, Falkland Islands etc.) and calculation of deductions
- Maintenance of foreign currency petty cash postings to Sage
- Assistance with month end accounts preparation & reconciliations
- Preparation of analyses of costs & revenues, as directed
- Creation of sales invoices
- Posting of sales & purchase invoices to Sage
- Posting of bank account transactions to Sage
- Add new clients and new jobs to Sage and add currency for the job
- Conduct daily review of aged debtors sheet
- Provide cover as required and assist with ad hoc requests for assistance by the Financial Controller
This is a super opportunity to become part of a busy, open professional team in a company that value their staff and their contribution to the success of the company
If this role appeals to you and you have the proven skills to match this is a wonderful opportunity.
Please APPLY NOW.