Job Role : Office Administrator / Secretary
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Guildford, Surrey
Salary : £17,000 to £21,000 + Free Parking
Reference : P 11049
Due to continued growth and an internal promotion, our client is looking for a new support person to join their busy and friendly professional team.
These well established Accountants require a skilled Administrator with solid secretarial and accurate typing to ensure that the business processes continue to run smoothly and excellent client relations are maintained.
- Reporting to the Practice Manager, the role will involve:
- Providing the first point of contact with clients via telephone and office;
- Preparation of client letters including letters of engagement and supporting forms, accounts letters etc;
- Liaising with the firm’s suppliers dealing with account queries and accounts payable and completing orders for stationery and other office consumables;
- Management of client records both internal and external including the filing of correspondence, managing the archiving of filing, booking in client records, maintaining the records database and returning records to clients;
- Maintaining the client database (IRIS Practice Management) including the setting up new clients and the monitoring of IRIS job registers;
- Constant focus on adherence to procedures and maximising efficiencies
- Ad-hoc projects as and when required.
You will deal with client information. Therefore complete confidentiality, reliability and attention to detail are absolutely essential, along with a good level of numeracy.
You must have a calm and confident telephone manner and be able to greet visitors.
A flexible manner to deal with varying workloads.
Be highly organised able to work to strict deadlines calmly and effectively.
Strong MS Office Skills including a proven working background in MS Word and Excel.
Accurate typing skills and a background in a profession based service company preferred.
Training and support will be given.
The ideal candidate will need to be organised, hardworking and will ideally have previous experience of working in an office environment. You will need to be proficient in all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) and whilst knowledge of accountancy services and IRIS would be beneficial this is not essential and training will be provided.
Attention to detail and an ability to adhere to procedures is essential.
You will be confident dealing with clients and have a pleasant telephone manner, answering client queries in a professional way but also knowing when it is necessary to pass questions back to someone more senior.
You will have a friendly personality, being able to fit in well in a small team environment. A flexible approach is essential and commitment to the role will be demonstrated by your willingness to put in the extra effort on occasions to ensure that deadlines are met.
You will need a full, clean driving licence.
Normal working hours 9am - 5.30pm 37.5 hour week
If you meet these skills Please APPLY NOW