Job Role : Senior Java Web Developer
Job Type : Permanent
Location : South London
Salary : £42,000 to £45,000
Reference : P 11048
Our client currently has a vacancy for Senior Java Web developer to join the IT Systems development team.
The candidate will join the Information Systems Development team and report to the Lead Web Developer to deliver and maintain systems developed in-house.
- Key Roles: A typical workday includes
- Design / implement new web applications based on portal technology.
- Develop new features to add functionality to existing web applications.
- Maintain code for the existing web applications to fix any reported issues.
- Responsible for development, maintenance and technical research into new functionality to use within our applications.
- Adherence to software development standards and the preparation of technical design and testing.
The candidate should have adequate previous experience and exhibit the capabilities of that of a senior member of the Development team, with web-based development and support, preferably with following technologies:
Desirable: Experience on working with portal applications, TDD/BDD methodologies
- Other Responsibilities
- Working with new and existing staff to share domain and technical knowledge and expertise.
- Support new development processes, code enhancement strategies and functionality for web team to use.
- Java 6
- Spring 3.0
- Oracle / MySQL
- Suitable candidate must have experience in taking a requirement through the different stages of software development cycle including design, development and testing.
- The candidate will have a proven track record of writing stable and efficient code using Spring MVC architecture.
- We are looking for people with strong business communication skills, a team-oriented approach and an interest in public sector geographic information.
- Any experience with Liferay or portal application is an added advantage.
Vision & Values : The post holder will undertake other duties as appropriate to the post to support and contribute to the delivery of the organisation’s Vision, Mission and Objectives as described in the Business Plan.
Compliance : Conform to, and ensure team members conform to, established Quality, Information Security, IT, Health and Safety, Equality and other company policies and procedures as defined in the Company Handbook.
If you have the skills to meet this role,please APPLY NOW