Job Role : Trainee Junior Engineer/Warehouse Operative
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Leatherhead, Surrey
Salary : £20,000
Reference : P 11192
This is a new role with development potential after training.
The key responsibilities will initially be supporting the Operations Manager and team in the stockroom and on site. It would suit someone with a technical and detailed mind, who has previously worked with tools.
The most important characteristics required are initiative and an inquisitive mind. If you are interested in how things work and have a real eye for detail which requires work to be done to an exacting standard then you will fit in. We start early in the morning so good time-keeping is vital.
The job is both specialised and interesting, dealing with customers in their homes and working as part of an experienced team. Full training will be provided.
1. Surveying and fitting of blinds, awnings and shutters
a. Check measuring of blind and shutter installations
b. Supporting Senior Engineers on jobs using tools and learning on site
c. Repairing blinds on site
d. Using electronic aids to program electric motorised blinds
e. Up selling and participating in lead generating activities
f. Understanding all products and advising customers and internal sales team
2. Support and back-up to Operations Manager and team in the office
a. Dealing with customer enquiries on the telephone
b. Logging information to the online database and SAGE (computer skills competent)
c. Dealing with suppliers
d. Researching and communicating new products
3. Goods in and warehousing
a. Receipt and unpacking of stock
b. Quality checking of received goods
c. Inventory and stock control
d. Preparation of stock and paperwork ready for fitting
e. Keeping the warehouse tidy
• Over 21 with a clean driving licence – this is necessary for van insurance requirements
• Physically fit - this role requires working at height on ladders and reasonable lifting
• Good communication skills – including personal and telephone manner
• Well-organised, with an attention to detail and tidy
• Inquisitive nature, proactive and able to use initiative
• Team player
• Hours: 40 hours per week, core hours 8am-4pm Monday-Friday but early starts often required to travel to site.
Overtime not paid but time-in lieu given.
• Salary: £20,000