Job Role : Landscaping Foreman
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Cranleigh, Surrey
Salary : £20,000-£22,000
Reference : P 11176
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a well- established, successful landscaping, designing, building and garden maintenance company as a Landscape Foreman.
Our client has an enviable reputation of achieving the highest standards and happy clients throughout the South of England. They have constructed award winning gardens at RHS Chelsea and the Hampton Court Flower show.
They are eager to employ someone who not only meets the relevant criteria but also enjoys the job and working in the outdoors.
- Responsible for the day to day management of staff, machinery, tools, materials.
- Demonstrate proficiency in a broad range of disciplines relating to hard and soft landscaping, including but not exclusive of the following; brick and block laying, stonework, paving, all types of fencing, decking and general carpentry, irrigation, lighting ducts and cabling, planting, turfing, artificial lawns.
- Form a link to management about day to day site progress and plan works to ensure they meet targets and deadlines.
- Informing management of any problems or potential issues to ensure smooth running of projects.
- Have a good all round understanding of engineering principles for the high quality execution of works to ensure longevity of the completed project.
- Ensure all company vehicles, tools, machinery (including hire equipment) and materials are looked after and not misused or mis-treated.
- Ensure that all site works are safe, clean, tidy, presentable and protected, ensuring there is no damage to work by others.
- Be responsible for managing sub-contractors and assessing their compliance to plans, ensuring their works are up to standard and are not hindering the project in any way.
- Check and approve quantities against delivery notes and ensure all paperwork is available for office use.
- Ability to read from plans and set out.
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant qualifications
- PA1 and PA6 certification
- Digger, Dumper , Telehandler and the like operators tickets
- Trailer license
- Experience of garden maintenance.
- Photographic evidence of your work preferential.
- Be kind, respectful, conscientious, punctual, reliable, disciplined, good stamina and fitness and have a strong work ethic.
- Have a patient manner and strong communication skills - the ability to listen, guide, inform but also be firm where and when necessary but always in an appropriate way.
- Show a strong and unyielding commitment to delivering the highest quality horticultural standards.
- Display a determination to develop your own personal and professional skills for the benefit of yourself and the company.
- Be able to demonstrate objectivity under pressure and the ability to solve problems.
- Be capable of supervising and implementing high specification projects and execute works to the required tolerances in a day to day basis.
- Good timekeeping and ability to work to deadlines.
- Full UK driving license
- Your own transportation to our yard ( no public transport)
- Minimum of 2 years in a similar role.
The company provides a fantastic opportunity for in house and external training and you will be provided with career opportunities and staff reviews. The use of a company vehicle and a mobile phone are provided. Company social events are organised throughout the year.
If you feel you have the skills and experience for this role please APPLY NOW!