Job Role : Hard Landscaping Supervisor
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Cranleigh, Surrey
Salary : £22,000-£24,000
Reference : P 11175
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a well- established, successful landscaping, designing, building and garden maintenance business. Due to expansion a new opportunity for a Hard Landscaping Supervisor is open to join their team.
Our client has an enviable reputation of achieving the highest standards and happy clients throughout the South of England. They have constructed award winning gardens at RHS Chelsea and the Hampton Court Flower show.
They are eager to employ someone who not only meets the relevant criteria but also enjoys the opportunity and working in the outdoors.
- Responsible for the day to day management of staff, site, machinery, tools, and materials
- Must demonstrate proficiency in a broad range of disciplines relating to hard and soft landscaping
- Brick and block laying
- All types of fencing, decking and general carpentry
- Irrigation, lighting ducts and cabling
- Planting, turfing of artificial lawns
- Reporting to management about day to day site progress and plan works to ensure they meet targets and deadlines
- Have a good all round understanding of engineering principles for the high quality execution of works to ensure longevity of the completed project
- Be responsible for safe working practices and all health safety procedures on site
- Ability to demonstrate effective supervision of a team be it 2 - 5 people
- Be able to convey clear lines of communication between client, designer, management, staff and any sub-contractors
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Develop your own personal and professional skills for the benefit of yourself and the business.
- Be able to work under pressure and the ability to solve problem
- Be capable of supervising and implementing high specification projects and execute works to the required standards in a day to day basis
- Ability to read from plans and set out
- Good timekeeping and ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to manage your own work schedule and that of your team
- Full UK driving license