Job Role : Regional Community Fundraising Officer
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Guildford, Surrey
Salary : £18,270
Reference : P 11119
Regional Community Fundraising Officer
This is an ideal role for anyone looking to progress their early career in the charity sector. Our client is a vibrant children?s charity with over 35 years of experience in our field. We provide leisure to disabled children across Surrey, Hampshire and the surrounding counties.
The applicant will need to be based in the region and flexible to work outside conventional office hours.
Your role will be a key part of our community fundraising development which is moving to a regional approach from April 2015.
You will deliver excellent supporter care and stewardship to develop relationships with new and existing community groups, individual fundraisers and volunteers throughout Southampton and South Hampshire.
This role provides a fun and lively working environment and the opportunity to be part of a lively, passionate and dedicated team.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To represent the organisation across Southampton and South Hampshire in order to increase engagement, loyalty, fundraising and volunteer support of the Charity.
- To cultivate, develop and manage the development of strong relationships with volunteers, supporters, community groups, young people that use our services and their families.
- To form, nurture and maintain excellent relationships with supporters and develop their contribution to the organisation by ensuring consistent excellent standards of recruitment, stewardship, management, motivation and through making the appropriate asks.
- To support the recruitment and promotion of all events, including sponsored events. Help to raise awareness and drive participation as well as manage area specific supporter events. This will include support of the planning, budgeting and promotional stages, as well as work on the event day.
- To ensure that the fundraising plan is implemented and managed to support and deliver fundraising income in line with the aspirations of the organisation
- Set-up new income delivering `Parent Ambassadors Groups? for the organisation in Southampton.
- To develop and foster relationships with new supporters, identifying key local supporters and those with influence in the community, including seeking opportunities to represent the organisation at local events with prime target audience.
- Make effective applications which may be in writing, through verbal presentations or interpersonal communications to help achieve team targets, as well as provide clear and effective communication and feedback where relevant to all donors and prospects.
- As part of the Fundraising Team, work jointly to meet both community and wider team financial targets associated with this position.
- Monitor online fundraising, through supporting those raising funds, to creating and maintaining clear income and communication records.
- To work with the Communications Team to proactively develop relationships with the local media to ensure coverage is maximised locally at every opportunity.
- Work with the Communications Team to design and produce different forms of publicity and promotional material and ensure that the image of the organisation is used effectively, represented correctly and presented in line with current policies and vision.
- Maintain clear records of all contacts, activities, leads and funds raised on the database as well as using excel spreadsheets for project based reporting on Community income.
- Produce reports on income, approaches and donations in the pipeline for the Head of Fundraising as requested.
- Strive to present a positive and realistic image of the organisation, its work, and disabled people to the wider community at all times.
- Maintain a safe working environment at all times in accordance with the health and safety and related policies.
- Any other duties as required from time to time by the Head of Fundraising or Chief Executive.
- Strong interpersonal skills - proven ability to communicate effectively with people from all backgrounds, in a confident and professional manner.
- A proactive approach with the proven ability to demonstrate initiative and drive.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with proven ability to influence, persuade and negotiate.
- The ability to work independently and be self-motivated, with the ability to manage time and prioritise work schedules effectively.
- An ability to tailor your approach to a variety of audiences and deliver effective and engaging presentations.
- A creative ability to produce engaging fundraising and communications literature.
- Experience of managing multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities in an efficient and effective way.
- An ability to produce clear, concise written reports and effective promotional materials.
- Able to use Microsoft packages including Word, Excel and Outlook amongst others.
- Flexibility to work outside conventional office hours when required including weekends and evenings and undertake extensive travel throughout the region.
- Full clean driving license and car owner with ability to use own vehicle for travel to meetings and events and therefore hold the necessary business use insurance.
- Live within the Southampton or South Hampshire region.
- Candidates require a fast broadband connection and a good mobile phone reception at their preferred work location in order to connect effectively to the office systems.
- Able to provide a suitable work space within their own home.
- Understanding of the issues facing disabled children and young people, their families and carers and of issues surrounding social exclusion.
- An understanding of the role of not for profit organisations in the provision of services.
- Experience of a fundraising environment, paid or voluntary, in the charity sector
- Experience of using a database for data entry and record keeping.
- Experience of working with or supporting disabled children and young people, their families and carers.
Experience of presenting to groups using a range of media and achieving desired outcomes.
If you feel you have the skills and experience for this role APPLY NOW!