Job Role : Events and Communication Assistant
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Guildford, Surrey
Salary : £15,000
Reference : P 11113
Our client is an amazing charity that enhances the lives of many Young people
You will be member of a dynamic team of committed and passionate individuals working to raise the profile of a valued Charity across Surrey and neighbouring counties and maximize revenue and capital funding in support of play & leisure opportunities for disabled and non-disabled children, young people and young adults. The successful candidate will have responsibility for working with the team across a number of projects with a main focus of assisting with the planning and delivery of a variety of fund raising and communications events.
An entry level role, the responsibilities will include building on relationships that are already in place, researching new possible events to raise the profile of the charity and working with the team to increase the awareness of the charity in the wider community.
The role is reporting to the Events and Communication Manager.
There are a wide range of responsibilities for this role that should be familiar to the applicant:
- Within the Communications team be responsible for the planning and management for a variety of fund raising & communications events. This will involve the initial planning & organization of events, research and sourcing of potential suppliers, as well as liaising with existing ones.
- On event days overall management of event logistics, initial set up, management of volunteers and general tasks associated with the event.
- Contribute to the design and production of different forms of publicity and promotional material and ensure that the image of the charity is used effectively and represented correctly and presented in line with current policies and vision. This may include invitations, promotional material and approaches to supporters in relation to events.
- To be responsible for recruiting and managing volunteers for all events and any other situations that may be required within the Fund raising and Communications Teams.
- Contribute to feedback given to participants and interested parties pre and post ? event, this will involve utilising email and social media.
- Work with third party companies to arrange a variety of events for corporate and individual supporters to take part in. This will include research and identification of potential participants and supporting those from sign up to completion.
- Write thank you letters to donors and supporters as when required.
- Represent the charity at presentations, meetings and other functions promoting the work of the charity and advocating the charities approach which is based on the Social Model of Disability.
- Visit schemes to ensure there are up to date images & video footage of the Charities schemes to use in future promotion.
- To develop videos for use on social media, website and promotion of the charity. Working with other departments including Fundraising, Operations and Quality & Compliance to ensure all needs for the charity are met.
- Work with the fundraising and communications team on campaigns throughout the year to increase awareness and engage with supporters through email and social media.
- Ensure that the Charities database is accurate and kept up to date.
- Monitor events that other charities are hosting to ensure that is offering a similar level of opportunities to supporters.
- This role involves out of hours working and a willingness to work flexibly is required.
- Any other duties that from time to time are required by the Events & Communications Manager or Chief Executive
The following are essential for the role:
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- An ability to relate to a range of people, including potential sponsors and donors, disabled children and their parents and carers, the media, colleagues, a range of community groups and the general public.
- Able to use Microsoft packages including Word, Excel and Outlook amongst others
- An understanding of the principles of fundraising, marketing and promotion.
- The ability to prioritise tasks, apply common sense and sound judgement with good organisational skills, attention to details and the ability to plan in advance.
- An ability to work on his/her own projects as well as work as an effective team member.
- Flexibility to work outside conventional office hours when required including weekends and evenings ? a time off in lieu policy is in place (TOIL)
- Polite telephone manner.
- A proactive, flexible and driven approach to their work.
- A clear understanding of The Charities approach and the Social Model of Disability and a commitment to deliver programmes to this ethos.
The following is desirable from the client:
- Full clean driving licence, car owner and willing to use car for work purposes ? will be required to have business insurance.
- A creative ability to produce engaging fundraising and communications literature.
- Understanding of the issues facing disabled children and young people, their families and carers and of issues surrounding social exclusion.
- An understanding of the role of not for profit organisations in the provision of services.
- Previous experience of working in a communications, fundraising or events team.
- Experience of using a database for data entry and record keeping.
- Experience of working with or supporting disabled children and young people, their families and carers.
If you have the skills and abilities to meet this role, please APPLY NOW