Job Role : Senior Bookkeeper / Accounts Controller
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Guildford
Salary : £30,000 to £35,000
Reference : P 11102
This Surrey based highly successful National Logistics company is currently recruiting for a highly capable Bookkeeper / Accounts Controller for their Head Office.
This is a fast paced, growing organisation whose success is due in no small part to the commitment and positive, supportive team environment that exists. All staff are valued for their contribution. They are all focused on the needs of the business and to its continued success and growth.
This is a fantastic opportunity to use your full range of skills and establish your career with a reputable and developing company who are experiencing year on year growth.
In order to meet the needs of this role you will need a full range of proven Bookkeeping / Accounts and Financial Control skills. Along with this you will need to be a confident and clear communicator, able to report and fully present to your Management and Directors on a daily basis.General Description of the job:
The candidate will be responsible for the day to day running and reporting of the accounting function, the accounting systems and processes and producing management accounts figures including budgets, forecasts etc. This is a senior and responsible role.Main duties of the post:
- Management of the timely production of up to date figures relating to Sales, Purchase and Nominal Ledgers.
- Management of the finances of the company to cash flow forecasts with a structured monthly planner.
- Financial and management reporting for the weekly management and monthly board meetings
- Preparation of all reconciliations for auditors, accountants and HMRC.
- Reconciliations, VAT, Forecasting
- Management of all related systems and IT
- Financial analysis including ROI calculations for operations and marketing
- Strategic input as to best practises and to assist the growth of the company
- Accounting experience to Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss and Trial Balance
- Estimate of savings requirements for personal and corporation tax
- Budget versus actual
- Preparation of annual accounts
- Company specific KPI&s
- Margin analysis
- Pricing help and strategy
- Marketing ROI calculations
- CGT Planning
- Payroll processing
- Knowledge of Advanced accounting procedures
- Commercial awareness
- Discipline in accuracy and timeliness
- Communication skills to present to the board and other franchisees
- Excellent with systems- Sage, Excel, and Xero experience an advantage. Knowledge of CRM Systems also an advantage. looking to move into Zero Accounts.
It is likely that you will have at least a background education in Accounting and Finance. With a minimum of 3 - 5 years working in an accounting finance environment and have been working recently in a similar role
If you have the skills and abilities to meet this fantastic opportunity, please APPLY NOW